100 things about Me!

Saturday, August 9, 2008

So I was just told that it is a "blogging tradition" - come on now - is there such a thing as BLOGGING TRADITION?? that when you reach your 100th post you post 100 things about yourself -
So...I go in and check and low and behold...I was just a few posts shy of 100 - EEK.
Aren't you glad I didn't miss it??? That's what I thought...
100 things about me?? The four people who read this blog probably already know everything there is to know about me, and when I started this blog - I thought the hubby and I would be BOTH blogging on it so this really should have been 100 things about US...but since he doesn't blog and I do...I guess this one is all about me.

100.
hmmm.
Let's see.
Here goes.

1. I wear the same earrings every single day - diamond studs I got as a surprise gift from my man at my bridal shower.
2. I want to get my ears pierced again so I can move the studs up and wear big bangles but I'm scared to pierce my ears again!
3. For three months a year I can say am three years older than my husband.
4. I said I love you first to my husband - I blurted out that I loved him on ACCIDENT on the way to a baseball game with friends in the car – he pretended he didn’t hear me…THANK GOD – only to say – “I love you too” that very night when we were alone!
5. I'm a terrible sleeper.
6. Books are my favorite gift for children.
7. I love warm weather.
8. I hate winter.
9. If my husband would come with me I'd move tomorrow to a warmer climate.
10. I met my husband for the first time when he moved into my house in the year 2000. (House of five girls, two were moving out, we traded for three boys - I married one, Alicia married one.)
11. My dad died two weeks after I met my husband.
12. My dad died on Valentine’s Day. (of a heart attack)
13. We are done building our family and it makes my heart hurt like it's never hurt before.
14. I have names picked out for my next children that will never be born.
15. Our son is named after Derek Jeter of the NYY.
16. I feel guilty I had to be induced 4 days after Christmas – 3.5 weeks earlier than “planned" so our son is now a "Christmas baby"
17. I DESPISE when people ask “Are you pregnant?” for every little headache, under the weather feeling I have.
18. I delivered our first baby hours after the epidural had worn off. *UGH*
19. Both of my pregnancies were high risk pregnancies.


(H with Daddy in the NICU)


(H meeting her little brother for the first time!)


20. I had gestational diabetes through both pregnancies that had to be managed with insulin injections four times a day.
21. I’m terrified to go through another pregnancy for fear I wouldn’t make it and leave my hubby and my babies to fend for themselves.
22. We are Minnesota Wild Season Ticket Holders
23. Hockey is my favorite sport.
24. I was a flight attendant for American Eagle Airlines.
25. I want to visit Australia.
26. I have two metal plates and a dozen or so screws in my left arm as a result from an icey fall in 2001.
27. I drove myself to the hospital after said fall in 2001 – broken arm and all.
28. I love the smell of bonfires.
29. I was born in North Dakota
30. I graduated HS with a class of 69 people – (NO, not IN1969 ROB!)
31. I hate traffic.
32. I'm not cut out for city life.
33. I miss small town living
34. Were it not for our great neighbors we'd of moved out of this house years ago.
35. I would like to take my kids to all 50 states before they graduate HS.
36. I rarely shop without coupons.
37. I hate shopping without coupons.
38. I am learning to flower garden.
39. I'm too cheap to spend any much money on plants.
40. I love fresh flowers.
41. I have no desire to go on a cruise of any kind.
42. I wish I would have chosen photography as a profession.
43. I take about 300 pictures a month – not counting those I delete.
44. I myself am in about 1 of said pictures.
45. It makes me sad that I hate myself in pictures because my kids should have pictures with me in just in case.
46. I am jealous of stay at home moms.
47. I could never be a stay at home mom – not just for financial reasons but emotional too!
48. Being a mom is the greatest thing I have ever known in my life.
49. I love camping.
50. I hate cell phones.
51. I’m rarely without my cell phone.
52. I hate cooking.
53. I love entertaining.
54. I am a Tastefully Simple Consultant
55. I hate “Home Parties” for said business and the like.
56. I had laser eye surgery 9 years ago this fall.
57. I don’t like cake.
58. I especially don’t like frosting.
59. I collect COKE rewards points.
60. Christmas is my favorite favorite favorite holiday. Ever.
61. I shop for Christmas gifts all year long
62. My favorite movie is Good Will Hunting.
63. I haven’t been to a movie in the theater in over three years.
64. I can't dance
65. My favorite song IS “The Dance”
66. The song “Amazing Grace” can bring me to tears almost always.
67. If I knew now what I know then, I’d of done things differently.
68. I love playing board games.
69. I’m wicked good at Yahtzee.
70. I hate snakes.
71. We have a lot of snakes in our yard.
72. I hate spiders.
73. I’m addicted to Craigslist.
74. I have no desire for a new car and would be mad if my hubby bought me one.
75. I love my mother-in-law.
76. My mother-in-law is one of the best cooks I know.
77. My (biological) mother died in a drunk driving accident 3 weeks before I turned 3 years old.
78. My mom was 23 when she died.
79. My maternal grandparents raised me as their own child.
80. I love REDBOX.
81. I recycle/reuse everything that I can.
82. I can’t stand it when people turn lights on during the day time hours. WASTE ELECTRICITY!
83. Running water drives me crazy too.
84. Bosco will most likely be our last dog. EVER.


85. I do not have a passport.
86. I want a passport.
87. I hate that passports are now needed to visit Mexico and Canada.
88. I used to cross the border to Canada to go to the bar when I was in HS and college.
89. I LOVE Sunsets. (We don’t see them much living here)
90. I still use a VCR to take my “programs”
91. I wish I had TIVO.
92. I have no tattoos.
93. I have no desire to get a tattoo.
94. Rob and I’s “song” is “I need a lover that won’t drive me crazy”
95. Our first dance at our wedding was Marvin Gaye’s “Let’s Get It On”!
96. We were late to our own wedding reception because our wedding party had their cars broken into while we were inside at our 15 minute long ceremony!
97. Mountain Dew is my drink of choice.
98. Cheesecake is my weakness.
99. My husband will learn nothing about me by reading this list.
100. I have done 100 blog posts!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I *love* this!!! I learned alot about you!

I thought #36 was "I rarely shop without condoms." BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

@kate - What a great idea! You never know when a person might need a condom ya know!

Martin said...

Oh I'm suckered, those baby pics are magic.

Bosco ain't far behind either!

Polski G said...

Damn woman! You are right. I have missed out on a lot in your life. Should've guessed that you wouldn't let the Gust Gab die. VERY impressive!

Post a Comment

ShareThis