Halloween Partyin' and a Daycare Update...

Saturday, November 14, 2009

So after the punkin' carvin was finished...I had to wrangle the kids into costume to head over to the daycare Halloween Party...
unlike years' past - at our new daycare - the Halloween party is a really big deal for the kids AND their families who all come as well -

Our 'traditional' shot of the kids on the table with the pumpkins...

Q~Isn't that the very same costume that H wore in 2006 when she was just one year old? And again in 2008?
A~
Why yes, yes it is! Thanks for asking!! I purchased the costume as a 2T when she was just one - knowing we'd have to put it over her clothes because October 31st in Minnesota is traditionally quite cold...Even though it is definitely NOT still her size - she insisted on wearing it! Just as she did LAST YEAR!

Q~Isn't that the very same costume that D wore last year too?
A~
Why yes, yes it is! Thanks for asking! He did not know what he wanted to be this year. We looked at costumes often at multiple different stores. Finally, with about 12 hours to spare he informed us he wanted to be a vampire, and a bat.
Well, sorry Scooby...you're out of luck! Thankfully, this one still fit...again, because we bought just big enough to put over clothes last year...


She was all smiles as we headed out to the daycare party!

I knew the party was going to be a big deal, but I didn't know just HOW big a deal til we got there and saw just how many kids from now and then enjoying the Halloween Party!

No wonder they ask the parents come to help out and run some of the games the kids partake in!

(yep - definitely the last year for this costume! stay tuned for Halloween 2010!)

A little Fireman picking out a prize after playing ring toss...

And check this out..you ARE seeing double! D and his little buddy were BOTH Scooby Do this year!

There was face painting...

And the two little girls with the same name had matching Rainbows...

It's amazing to see all of the princess/fairy type costumes...Guess we know what's big with the pre-k crowd this year huh?

H with one of her two 'new' providers...

Which brings me to this...We've now been at daycare for two weeks since I called them to talk about H's insecurities...and things are going remarkably better. In fact, they are like night and day different for our little H - Thank GOD!
The first couple of mornings there were minor anxiety issues...H asking me if I talked to both of the providers again, did they know she didn't want to be outside alone, etc etc...and after knowing that things were CHANGED and CHANGED FOR GOOD - the drop off tears ended...Hallelujah!
And that folks...
That is why I never shut up...I couldn't just sit back and let our little girl be miserable...if having an uncomfortable conversation for fifteen minutes will change the life of one of the most important people in my life, which in turn changes the life of ME...what do you have to lose?
What are you waiting for? SPEAK UP TODAY!
I do need to say THANK YOU to each and every one of you who read my last post about daycare and offered me words of support whether it was via Facebook, Twitter, or Email - there were only a few of you who left comments here, but dozens who emailed me or spoke with me directly and I am so very grateful for this village of folks out here getting me through my days...
Knowing that I am not alone, not a failure, not completely off my rocker crazy...is a tremendous lifesaver.
So to each and every one of you reading - whether you had a horror story of your own to share, a story of how you trusted your own gut and pulled your child(ren) from their situation and saw immediate change, or those that offered me just a pat on the back for speaking out...THANK YOU!
I cannot tell you how grateful I am for each and every one of you!
xoxo

4 comments:

Amelia Sprout said...

Yay! It is so nice to know things have improved. We're going to need to do some of that again ourselves. M moved up a room and went from being a favorite and the star of her class, to just another kid, and I don't think she's handling it well. Time to talk to them and figure out what is going on.

Marketing Mama said...

Cute pics! Love it that they wore the same costumes from last year. :)

Glad the daycare sitch worked out - I find the support I get from friends on the blog/facebook, etc., to be amazing too. :)

Amanda said...

I'll have to go and read this post you did on daycare... I know I have never been able to put kids in one myself...

Just did some clickin for ya... you have some good ads! :)

Blessings-
Amanda

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.

Post a Comment

ShareThis