The long and short of it...

Monday, May 4, 2009

It's no secret that I love long locks on little boys - the wispy strands blowing in the wind or sticking out under the ball cap...
I love love love it...

But...our little man's locks were starting to get pretty long - and I thought I could maybe give him a little trim myself, I mean, maybe it WAS getting a bit too long??

but I decided not too - so we played for a bit...











and then went to the hair cut place...
Well, the gal listened to me this time...and only took off a teensy tiny bit of hair - which I thought was ok...but after Daddy came home and said out loud that he couldn't even tell that D had gotten his hair cut...and I kept thinking about the price tag for the haircut trim we had done - I ended up calling back the next morning and asking when we could come back in and get a 'real' haircut...

And real haircut we got!

I was SICK in the salon...thought I might throw up...
D did fantastic as he always does - clippers and all - he was all business -
When we got in the car H looked over at him and said 'That don't look like Derek - that looks like another kid!'
ACK!
What have I done?
Well, it's been 3 days and it's starting to grow on me...pun intended...









1 comments:

Amelia Sprout said...

It looks great. As a the mother of a girl who refused to grow hair for far too long, I support short hair on boys. ;)

It really does look good though. It does a great "messy, but I meant it" that makes him look far older.

Post a Comment

ShareThis